Friday, 25 March 2011

Snippits of my day...

 Today i created these long paper designs, iv tried to make them interesting in texture and form using Tracing paper and the negative option on the photocopier.

Latex and ink work amazingly together, but stinks when applying it!

The photocopier failed to feed the tracing paper through but its a happy accident i guess as the top layer hasnt printed so leaves the hues of colour uncoated.

I realised ink and varnish particularly wet varnish created a beautiful organic line once dry, i love this idea and now have used it as a detail connection to flow through my work.

And away we go!

Im starting to look at my photocopies onto tracing paper again, and i have decided that i love the layered element of the piece so digital print onto organza maybe an option ???

Thursday, 24 March 2011

Ink and Varnish

As i have changed my specialism area i feel i have to change my blog name as it no longer holds any connection with my work. Hope everyone likes it.

Friday, 18 March 2011


Feedback from my tutorial could not have been better, we have came to the conclusion my designs will be better suited to textile art peices insted of fashion for mens wear. In a way im relieved I can concentrate on my work now and have the freedom to use mix media without thinking all the time about how I could make it into a manufacturable peice. I love menswear but feel that my work has moved on and im really excited about it!

Monday, 14 March 2011

7 weeks to go...

I have started a new screen to add texture to my prints as the nature of my project demands this detail, i have used some of my earlier drawings to put forward into screens things like barbed wire, silhouettes of body and their outlines i will be printing from this screen tomorrow so any good results would be fantastic!

Thursday, 10 March 2011

from the dye lab...

From my imagery taken of the scrap metal i picked out the plug and chain particularly because of the detail, after drawing it i have created a screen with an abstract repeat print.


 I wanted to create a transparent ghostly feel to my prints which is why i have chosen to base them around light delicate fabrics.


 After using black acid dye on the hot plates i washed them and decided to print using discharge paste, i have never used this technique before but after these outcomes it is perfect to carry throughout my future samples. 

 I am going to look at adding detail using clear and metallic foils and rusty copper tones via screen print